For those of you who have not yet considered attending the III IWCA-Guatemala, Feb 7-9, here are some highlights of the event:
1. Key note speaker: Patricia Francis, Executive Director of International Trade Center will explain the “Challenges for Reaching Integral Sustainability in Today´s World”.
2. Other coffee themes addressed by recognized professionals of the industry such as Dan Cox-Coffee Analysts, Christy Thorns-Allegro, Linda Smithers-Daterra Coffee, Lindsey Boldgers-GMCR, Grace Mena-IWCA, Maja Wallengreen-Coffee writer and consultant, Mireya Jones-Jones Coffee Roasters, Alvaro Llovet-Lloto del Café, Eduardo Ambrocio-Anacafé, Claudia Medrano-Rainforest Alliance, Alberto Scalla- Inl.Hencorp Corporation, Ivette Perfecto-University of Michigan, Craig Holt-Atlas Coffee Importers, Jeremy Haggar-University of Greenwich, Kerstine Leen-Green Line Consulting and many more. Here is the link to the program or if you would like to read their bios.
- Alternatives within the Production of Coffee
- Business and Commerce Trends
- Financial Education
- Social and Environmental Sustainability, Climate Change
- The International Market
- New Trends for Global Coffee Consumption
3. Business round tables: members and non-members of IWCA will be able to submit their coffee samples to a group of cupping tables where buyers will cup and provide feedback about the flavor profile. (Registration and a fee is required).
4. Educational tours: from Feb 4-6 registrants will be able to visit different regions of Guatemala where specific topics will be highlighted.
- Classic Antigua
- Coffee under the Cloud Forest
- Private Nature Reserves
- El Injerto: A Model Farm
- Coffee, other crops & Archaeology
5. Women and Coffee Art and Sale Exhibit: More than 40 artists will present their creations during the Welcome Reception, Thursday February 7th, 2013, at Rosas Botrán Gallery. All artists are donating 25% of their sales to a Literacy Program for Women in Coffee regions, that will be coordinated by IWCA GUATEMALA Asociación de Mujeres en Café de Guatemala.
6. Exhibition and sponsorship: Around 20 spots are still available for companies that are willing to showcase their product and a sponsorship program if you would like to highlight your brand or company
7. And just another reason: Guatemalans welcome you and promise to offer their kindness that will be complemented with the most beautiful landscapes of the harvest season.